I like to dabble in cake decorating and this blog is a place for me to show my work ... and have a little fun.

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Happy Sweet Sixteen Jocie!

I figured I would start off by explaining the cake in my header.  I made this cake in summer 2008 for one of my daughter's friends.  She had shown me a picture she found on the internet and asked if I could re-create it for her.  Well, we discussed colors, etc .. and although the cake ended up being a 2-tier cake with ribbon and roses (like the picture) it also ended up being quite different and more like Jocie herself!  *smile*

The larger tier was a vanilla cake (tinted pink, as per birthday girl's request) and filled with Bavarian cream.  The smaller tier was a strawberry lemonade cake with a strawberry cream cheese filling.  The entire cake was iced in buttercream, with buttercream roses and details.   The topper is gumpaste. 

I am quite proud of this cake, actually.  I think it is probably the most beautiful cake I've done to date and the birthday girl absolutely loved it. 





No comments:

Post a Comment